I was searching for something new to cook for my family and found this meatloaf recipe ( 1770 House Meatloaf ). I tried it and we really liked it! As always, though, I like to tweak and experiment with new recipes until I get them just how I like them.
My husband was curious what it would taste like with venison and I wanted to try something different with a couple of the ingredients and the sauce. After doing this a few times, I came up with a mix that my whole family loves! Here it is:
2 lbs. meat
2 cups of panko (add more if desired)
1 tbsp. chives
1 tbsp. parsley
1 tbsp. Italian herbs (I use McCormick’s Italian herb mix)
½-1 tbsp. kosher or sea salt (to taste)
1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
½ cup milk (add more if needed)
1 onion chopped
1-2 stalks of celery chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
Put the following ingredients in a bowl, microwave for 30-45 seconds, and mix together then set aside:
2 tbsp. butter
2-3 minced garlic cloves
1 tbsp. Italian herbs
1 tsp. parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Saute’ onions and celery with olive oil for 10-15 minutes and set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix meat with chives, parsley, herbs, salt, and black pepper. Add in eggs and milk then mix thoroughly.
4. Mix in onions and celery. Slowly add in the panko, mixing until everything is moist.
5. Place meat onto the lined pan and shape into an evenly distributed loaf. Evenly pour/brush sauce onto the surface of the loaf.
6. Bake for 40-50 minutes and let cool for 5 minutes. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
I promise to add pictures soon…I really hope you enjoy this recipe! Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!